best football wallpaper

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Piano no Mori (Movie)

I'm guilty of slacking and not keeping my blog up-to-date. Even worse, although I had been reading a lot of manga, I left out anime, Japanese drama and movie from my routine. Whoops! So I did a little bit of catching up.

My first pick of anime to watch today was "Piano no Mori."




"Piano no Mori" tales about friendship and rivalry between two elementary school students; Kai, the trouble making prostitute son and Syuhei, the pianist family prodigy. The two boys are bonded with their love of playing piano and mysterious piano in the forest. Just as I am attracted to Nodame Cantabile, I am very much smitten with the musical aspect of Piano no Mori. I once studied the art of piano playing and I can relate to many things in the story. Even though the story is based on two boys, it is quite mature and can be enjoyed by all ages.


This movie is a nice summary of the early parts of the original manga version by Isshiki Makoto. Currently there are 16 volumes of the manga, and the movie covers up to the fifth volume. It may sound like the story had been chopped and crunched into a questionable plot like what had been done in many adaptations such as Boku Wa Imoutou ni Koi o Suru OVA. But it is not the case. I thought that it was adapted very well without leaving too many necessary details and humor. I actually enjoy the anime movie better compared to the manga, as I am able to listen to the wonderful music. I love how the anime delivers the magical feel of the piano in the forest.

I recommend this anime for classical music and light story anime enthusiast. It would be a nice anime to watch after a stressful day.


***
This scene made me laughed really hard.


The subtitle says: "Takako, just play like you're in the bathroom with Wendy."

The whole conversation is very innocent. Really. >.<>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

best football wallpaper