best football wallpaper

Friday, August 21, 2009

Newcastle United revival boosted by Argentina coach Diego Maradona


The Argentine has aided the Tyneside club's promotion campaign by telling compatriot Jonas Gutierrez that his World Cup dreams will not be ruined if he stays at the Championship club.

"I've spoken to the national team coach and he says there is no problem for me being in the second division of English football," said Gutierrez. "He said to take care, to do the things in my team, it's no problem if I have to play in the second division, I'm going to be in the squad for qualification.

"And that was very important to hear. The words from the manager were encouraging. Now I am very happy about that because for me in the national team to play is a dream.

"If he had said 'no you need to play in a top division", it was going to be a difficult situation because I am very happy at Newcastle, but I want to play to with my national team, so it was going to be a difficult situation. But he told me it that no problems for me, it was important."

Gutierrez moved to Newcastle from Real Mallorca last summer during Kevin Keegan's ill-fated reign and has been linked with a move away from the club following relegation but is happy to bide his time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

best football wallpaper