best football wallpaper

Thursday, June 25, 2009

David Villa continues with La Liga


Valencia striker David Villa has ruled out a move to the Barclays Premier League after confirming he will only play in Spain next season.

Villa has been the subject of intense transfer speculation for the last few weeks, with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Chelsea all being linked with the Spain hitman.

Madrid had appeared to be in pole position only for cash-strapped Valencia to declare last week that Villa was no longer for sale and that they would only change their mind if a huge offer came in for the 27-year-old.

That has not stopped transfer speculation though, and now Spanish media believe Barca are leading the chase for the prolific forward, with suggestions of a bid of around 45million.

Villa, who is currently on international duty with Spain at the Confederations Cup in South Africa, has been quiet on his future for the last few days, having last week revealed that he had made his mind up on where he wanted to play next season, although without saying what that decision was.

"A week ago my future was clear, and now it's not," Villa was quoted as telling Spanish television channel Cuatro.

"I've been through some tough moments, which are partly my own fault, but I decided to put it all aside and I've not thought about it in the last five days."

The Euro 2008 winner is sure about one thing though, insisting that he wants to continue playing in La Liga.

He said: "When I said I had taken a decision it was true, and this decision is that next season I will play in Spain because it is the league that is best for me, I will not go abroad."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

best football wallpaper